7 laws of Art of War applied to League of Legends – By Sky Reflexxz
Here are the 7 laws of Sun Tsu in his famous Art of War. A must read for all players!
1. Sun Tzu said: The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.
2. To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
3. Thus the good fighter is able to secure himself against defeat, but cannot make certain of defeating the enemy.
4. Hence the saying: One may know how to conquer without being able to do it.
5. Security against defeat implies defensive tactics; ability to defeat the enemy means taking the offensive.
6. Standing on the defensive indicates insufficient strength; attacking, a superabundance of strength.
7. The general who is skilled in defense hides in the most secret recesses of the earth; he who is skilled in attack flashes forth from the topmost heights of heaven.
These rule when applied to League of Legends:
1- Do not overextend or be in a position where you will be caught out to risk some cs or a chance at a kill or worst, a trade.
2- To avoid dying, you must keep in mind the defensive strategies you have at your hand.
- Is your trinket up? Ward
- Look at the minimap, how many enemies are missing?
- Are you on the side of Dragon? Is dragon timer soon? If they are mia and you have no vision, you are already one step behind. Remedy to that by using the vision plants and your trinket. Also true for Baron / Rift Herald side.
- Are you low hp? Is your wave pushed out to his tower? Are you stacked on gold? Perhaps you can back and refresh your hp/mana, buy and get an item advantage to all in when you come back.
3- Hence, you can secure yourself but you cannot make sure you can defeat the enemy. If he is skilled, he too will secure himself. So you must wait for him to slip first or force him to.
4- This translates into: You may know how to win, but you may not be able to do it RIGHT THIS INSTANT due to the enemy playing safely also.
5- To avoid being defeated, turtle and defend. Pot up and elixir. Farm in the jungle if you fall off. Get vision. To defeat your enemy, engage him, draw him out with baits and flank him with your team. Act weak when you are strong, and act strong when you are weak.
6- If the enemy is turtling and backing early, he is weak and his cooldowns may be down, help is far. If he is aggressive and dominant in his presence, help is near, his cooldown are up, his ultimate and summoners are on his favor. Either bait him to blow his cooldowns, or retreat to drive him to play more aggressive and make mistakes.
7- Two folds:
- The general who is skilled in defense will be a prodigy at dodging and great at positioning. He will always keep in mind his allies and his safe heavens such as towers or minions. He has his escape route planned BEFORE the attacker ever scheme his way to him.
- The general who is skilled in offense will attack you from angles you didn’t plan. He will ambush you during moments where you expect to be safe. In moments of hesitations he will capitulate, from the deeps jungles his shadows will appear.